Listed on the National Register of Historic Houses. This wonderful house was built in stages starting in the late 1700's in the tranquil village of Montgomery, New York. It is actually three houses attached and is now one big house sitting majestically on top of the hill on Clinton Street. It is right in the center of the village, across the street from Village Hall which was the Montgomery academy in the early 1800's. Jacob Tooker was Headmaster of the Academy in 1828. He owned and lived in the house. In the 1860's it was sold to W.J. Mead, hence the name of the house.